If you have the right skills and the willingness to work hard, you can comfortably take home an attractive paycheck by working as a Virtual Assistant Work at Home Opportunities. Find out more whether you have the required skills for becoming a VA and how much you can earn as VA.
1. What are the essential and preferable skills?
- Besides possessing a PC or a laptop and high speed broadband connection, VAs must be fluent in English.
- VA should ideally have the skills and knowledge in office and general administration.
- VA must have hands-on experience in handling Microsoft-Office Suit (excel, word, outlook, power point and access).
- VA should be able to do online web research, data entry work and handle emails.
- VAs must have the willingness to work as per USA local timings.
- Chat through Skype, MSN, Yahoo or Google.
- Fluency in spoken English with USA and UK accents.
- Basic knowledge of software and programming and web designing.
- Database management.
- Creating mail-merge files.
- Link submissions.
- Image editing.
2. What type of jobs are required to be done?
- Data entry, office and general administration work
- Travel planning and handling financial information
- Development and management of mailing list
- Transcription of recorded interviews and minutes of the meetings from audio files
- Occasional or regular telecommunication through Skype or Internet enabled overseas calls
- Contacting clients and follow up with clients
- Collecting email addresses from websites and sending pre-written sales letters
3. What are the compensations?
- VAs are generally paid hourly compensation, which might range from minimum $5 per hour and up to even $10-20 per hour depending upon the type of work handled and the employer.
- Usually, VAs are expected to put in minimum 20 hours per week.
- On an average, an Indian VA can easily earn $500-1000 (Rs.20,000 to 40,000 at current exchange rates) per month per employer.
4. Where to find the opportunities for VA?