Online Teaching Jobs are largely the least common known work at home jobs. Primary reason for its limited popularity could be attributed to the fact that the very concept of online education and online teaching is relatively strange in countries like India. Besides, online teaching jobs demand certain specific skills, qualifications and experience, which imposes restrictions for common man looking out for income by working from home. Here is a short guide for people wanting to make money through online teaching jobs.
What is Online Teaching?
Online teaching or online tutoring means providing virtual education through innovative teaching technologies, multimedia and Internet, where teachers and students are separated by time and/or space
What are the requirements for taking up online teaching jobs?
- Graduates and/or Post Graduates with specialization in specific subjects such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English, among other
- Teaching experienced is generally preferred but it is not always necessary.
- PC and Broadband Internet connection
- Familiarity with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and PDF files, VOIP Telephony, Internet Chat etc.
- You should be able to spend at least 3-4 hours daily. You can as well work for higher number of hours for extra online income but the working hours are always pre-scheduled in advance and hence cannot be changed on your own. Average sessions last for around 45 minutes to one-hour.
- You should be willing to work as per USA and UK local timings, as demand for online teaching jobs is more from these countries.
- Abilities to work in newer environments and techniques that are employed on the realm of online teaching space
What are the benefits of online teaching jobs?
- With flexible working hours, you can work from home on part-time, full-time and on-call basis.
- Assignments are available for domestic as well as international students and therefore you can find great opportunities to learn and sharpen your international teaching skills.
- You can learn new technologies of teaching such as virtual classrooms, message boards, white boards, digital boards etc.
What sorts of Assignments are available?
Online teaching jobs offer numerous types of opportunities from academic publishers, online tutoring service providers such TutorVista and directly with distance education institutions. You can also look out on freelancing sites GAF, ScriptLance and Elance for online tutoring jobs. Assignments can range from conducting accuracy checks for online questions and answers, content and lesson plan developments, preparation of mock test papers and answer papers for CAT, SAT, GMAT, GRE, CET and other competitive examinations and generally, everything related to education.
1. Teachers Wallet has released a book “Online Tutoring Step-By-Step” that gives you completes understanding of how online teaching works, in depth knowledge about various online teaching segment including tools and software required . The book also reveals self-employment opportunities teachers have. The Book shows how teachers can start teaching students (tutoring) in online and offline modes with zero costs and good incomes.
To know more about the book click here
2. I Want A Teaching Job : A Guide to Getting the Teaching Job of Your Dreams.
Whether you are a teacher, employed or retired, engineering graduate or any other professional, online teaching jobs can offer good source of making extra income by doing home based work. Online and web-based teaching assignments generally pay on number of hours logged. Payments are very much lucrative as compared to the existing pay-scales for teachers in India.