As a freelancer, you must have often come across “Captcha Entry” job postings on GAF, ScriptLance and other freelancing sites. For the beginners, the term captcha and hence the job “Captcha Entry”may sound strange. However, almost all of us have to live with captcha while dealing on the Internet. I have never tried to do captcha entry jobs due to personal reservations. Nevertheless, I think that I should try to throw some lights on what is a captcha and why you should avoid captcha entry jobs. Carry on reading further to get an insight into captcha.
What is Captcha?
- CAPTCHA, derived from the word capture, is the acronym for “Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart”.
- Captcha is a type of challenge-response test (visual verification test) to ascertain that the response is generated by human hands and not by computer programs.
- The process of captcha involves a computer (server) that asks the user to complete a test, which the computer can analyze and grade.
- It is presumed that computers cannot solve the captcha test and thus any user entering the correct solution is deemed human.
- Typically, a captcha test asks the users to type letters and/or digits from a distorted image on the screen.
- Captcha has been accepted as an excellent tool to control an imminent problem of spamming.
Why you should avoid Captcha entry jobs?
- Since Captcha in itself is an anti-spam device, when you carry out captcha entry jobs, you are indirectly abetting spammers. In fact, you might not even realize that you are helping in promoting scams and frauds. Still, if your conscious does not bite you, you can very well go ahead but not before, you finish this article.
- Remunerations for captcha entry jobs are too low. At the end of an hour’s work, you could just manage to earn few cents.
- Since the buyers themselves are likely to be scammers, it is all the more likely that they may not even pay you for the captcha entry services.
Majority of the captcha entry jobs require you to create tons of fake email accounts at Google, Yahoo, and MSN etc. by doing captcha entry jobs. If you are comfortable in doing such types of jobs, it is your wish. However, I personally would suggest the newbies not to waste time and energy in doing low-paid and unethical work at home jobs of the likes ‘captcha entry’.