Internet offers plethora of resources for freelancers. Data Entry Jobs provide an excellent option for students, house moms and others who possess basic MS (Microsoft) skills. Due to acute competitions, payments are relatively low in comparison to other freelancing avenues. Here is a guide to what type of jobs are available and what are the general rates for data entry work at home.
- Data mining, collection, copying from websites and pasting into MS Excel or MS Access sheet. For instance, you might be required to look up or extract data such as name, address, contact details, email address etc from various websites, post into excel sheet and deliver it to your client. Rates are generally quoted on per thousand posting.
- Data collection for market research
- Adding products to the websites of online shopping stores. The work mostly involves copy/paste types of jobs.
- Data mining and collection from various websites
- Re-enter data from PDF files into excel sheets
- Copy paste data to MS Access Database
- Scrap data from public sites and prepare an Excel Sheet
- Craig’s list advertisement posting. Rates for such jobs range from $0.05 to 0.5 per posting. Presuming 100 ads per day for 30 days in a month, you can manage to earn around $150 per month at the lowest rate of $0.05 per posting.
- Posting of shopping cart details on e-commerce sites
- Creating database with company and individual contact info into excel sheet
- Extracting emails from various sites. Rates are generally 0.3 to 0.5 $ per thousand
- Online remote entry data entry jobs. You might have to work for 8-10 hours a day for 5-7 days a week with rates as low as $1-2 per hour. Some of the online data entry jobs might insist on minimum speed of 30-35 characters per minute (you can check your speed at several free sites)
Look out for high volume work and steady flow of work. Once, you have provided satisfactory services, the buyer would be happy to keep you busy by offering you more work.