Among all the available work at home avenues, Internet Marketing has one of the best potentials for a highly lucrative career. Here is a basic guide for the beginners wanting to take up Internet marketing as a full-time home based career.
- Internet Marketing, web marketing, i-Marketing, e-Marketing or Online Marketing is the marketing and promotion of products and services on the Internet.
- Internet marketing has a unique quality among all the marketing mediums. It is unique in the sense that Internet marketing is interactive, both in terms of providing and receiving instant responses.
- Internet marketing is widely acknowledged all over the world as an efficient marketing medium that offers extensive benefits.
- With Internet marketing, merchants can reach global audience at relatively lower distribution, advertising and marketing costs.
- Customers can search, compare and purchase products at their convenience.
- Internet marketers can easily track the efficacies of marketing strategies adopted by them. Almost all the statistics and records of marketing activities can be traced, measured and tested inexpensively.
- Results of Internet marketing can be monitored and measured instantly through various online methods.
- Often, Internet marketing includes a wider scope including all the digital media such as emails, mobile phones and wireless media.
- Search engine marketing, SEO, E-Commerce, publishing, email marketing, banner ads, PPC (paid per click advertising) and affiliate marketing are various models and strategies of Internet marketing. Besides these models, there can be many other business models depending upon the specific requirements of the person or business, which plan to launch Internet marketing campaigns.
- Internet marketing can be directed to specific users (based on the age group and genders), demographies, activities or any other specific interest and behaviors.
- Internet marketers adopt various methods of advertisements such as ‘pay per impression’, ‘pay per click’ or ‘pay per action’.
Despite few limitations including security concerns and relatively lower penetration of high speed Internet, online marketing has turned into an industry worth tens of billions of dollars. If you wish to take up Internet marketing as a full-time career, you should spend some money on good Internet Marketing courses.