With the opening up of multitudes of work at home and work from home opportunities, almost everyone has started looking out to the Internet in the hopes of making money online. Depending upon your outlook, goal, knowledge, skills, experience and spare time, you can choose from several types of online freelancing jobs. Data entry is one of the simplest types of numerous work at home jobs. Read further to learn more about data entry jobs.
What is a Data Entry Jobs?
It is a job wherein you are expected to enter several data online on the websites of the clients. Besides, in offline data entry jobs, you would be expected to collect data and post it in MS Excel or MS Access programs.
What are the basic skills required for taking up Data Entry Jobs?
- Good grasp over Microsoft Excel and basic knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Abilities to carry out basic formating, sorting etc as per the requirement
- Knack of digging through thousands of web pages to extract the required data
- Good typing speed (you can check your typing speed in words per minute and in characters per minute through several online typing speed tests)
- Endurance to carry out typing work for longer durations and to do repetitive works
Where to look out for Data Entry Jobs?
Freelancing sites such as GAF, ScriptLance and Elance provide the maximum number of data entry jobs. Apart from the freelancing sites, several other websites and companies are constantly in need of freelancers for data entry jobs. You can look out for such opportunities through newspaper classified advertisements and through classified advertisements on CraigsList posting, Kijiji and other websites.
In the history of online jobs related scams, probably, the maximum numbers of scams and frauds have taken place in data entry jobs. Many Indian and overseas companies and websites have disappeared after collecting deposits or registration fees. Therefore, spend some quality time to ensure that you don’t end up with some such scamsters.